Simple, Effective Patch Management: From Dilemma to Done Deed
There’s no argument that effective patch management is imperative for mitigating security threats. Patching helps ensure your networks are less vulnerable to attack by bringing intrusion points – from the operating system to the application layer – up to date with the latest security patches. Making sure your applications are patched in a timely way can also improve application stability and performance, providing you with the most up to date features and functionality, while helping to obtain compliance with government regulations such as HIPAA and PCI.
The reality is, however, that patch management can be complex, time consuming and costly. It can also negatively impact the experiences and productivity of end users if not done thoughtfully. But the right tools and infrastructure can greatly simplify the process, benefitting both IT administrators and end users.
Register today and join Dell experts and a Dell KACE customer to learn and experience:
- Critical tips for effective patch management
- How a customer uses the Dell KACE appliance to simplify patch management
- Hands-on demonstration that explains how to:
- Automate the validation and maintenance of correct patch and configuration levels
- Enforce different patching policies for a variety of machines, including PCs and servers
- Maintain effective patch levels, regardless of the number of managed systems
Dell™ KACE™ Management Appliances provide one of the largest patch repositories available, including patches for Windows and Mac operating systems, as well as for a wide range of applications. KACE
saves organizations time and money by providing comprehensive and reliable patching, without the time, complexity and cost of traditional solutions.
All attendees will receive the new Dell white paper entitled, “Nine Simple (but Critical) Tips for Effective Patch Management.” One lucky attendee will receive a Dell XPS10 tablet.