The Mobile Business Mindset
Mobile devices have changed how we communicate, read, shop and entertain ourselves -- and they're changing the way we do business. Tablets and smartphones with slick apps tapping into backend cloud services make existing business processes more efficient while enabling brand new ones. But mobile apps are a different breed -- you can't just reformat a desktop client for a phone or expect developers to jump from a client-server project one week to a mobile app project the next.
The differences between mobile apps and conventional Windows clients, or even web applications, are far more than skin deep. Yes, the touch-versus-keyboard interface, APIs, and programming languages are new, but that's small potatoes. In this webinar, we'll outline the attributes of mobile app functionality and development that distinguish it from traditional PC or even browser applications and what's necessary to make a business mobile ready.
- The importance of starting with a mobile strategy that guides how and where to select the best app targets.
- How mobile app design, features and usability differs from conventional client-server or Web apps and the importance of starting with a user-centric design.
- How to build mobile development capability through a mix of third-party mobile development specialists, new dedicated, but autonomous mobile development teams and retraining existing staff.
- Options for building mobile apps including browser-based apps, skinned HTML 5 and native apps.
- Common features of cross-platform mobile development platforms and the pros and cons versus native iOS and Android IDEs.