IT Strategies for High-Performing Government Buildings
The federal government wants buildings that are more energy-efficient and sustainable and that operate at lower cost. GSA's goal is to upgrade offices across government to have ""zero"" environmental impact. How will we get there? IT teams have an important role to play in the automation and technology-enabled management of public buildings.
In this editorial webcast, InformationWeek Government will identify steps that federal IT teams can take to convert their data centers, office space, and other facilities into high-performing, energy-efficient buildings. The opportunities include heating, cooling, and lighting systems, new approaches to energy management, and software for building maintenance and operations. Government IT professionals are invited to join us and participate in this interactive online event.
In this webcast, we will:
- Provide an update on GSA's government-wide green building initiative
- Discuss how enterprise IT systems can support an agency's sustainability objectives
- Evaluate case studies and best practices in building automation and management
- Assess the impact of server rooms and data centers on office buildings
- Consider the role of networks, wireless, and other IT infrastructure
- Identify the key elements of a well-conceived green building strategy