Case Management: A Key Competitive Advantage in a Challenging World
Co-founder and Research Director with MWD Advisors
Neil Ward-Dutton is MWD's co-founder and Research Director, and is one of Europe's most experienced and high-profile IT industry analysts. His areas of expertise include business process management (BPM), enterprise architecture (EA), Cloud computing and IT strategy. Neil acts as an advisor to large corporations in Media, Government, Transport, Financial Services, and Telecommunications and is a frequent speaker at conferences in the US and around Europe.
Product Marketing Executive
IBM Enterprise Content Management
David Caldeira is a product marketing executive for IBM’s Enterprise Content Management (ECM) segment. In this role, he guides the ECM segment’s strategy to deliver the most comprehensive and unified Enterprise Content Management portfolio in the market. His current area of focus is driving IBM’s advanced case management strategy leveraging capabilities from across IBM’s Software Group.
Caldeira joined IBM in 2006 as part of the company’s acquisition of FileNet, Corp., a leading provider of ECM solutions. During his five years at FileNet, Caldeira held a variety of marketing and product management positions and was responsible for bringing the market-leading IBM FileNet P8 platform to market.
Caldeira has more than 32 years of experience in the enterprise software and professional services industries. Prior to joining FileNet, he was vice president, business development and strategy at enhansiv, inc., a CRM Application Service Provider (ASP). Before enhansiv, Caldeira held successive executive positions for more than ten years at Information Management Associates, Inc. (IMA). Prior to IMA he held successive management positions at Andersen Consulting.
Caldeira holds a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Connecticut.
Competing based on price—or even product—isn’t enough to survive today’s hyper-competitive business environment.
That’s why many leading companies are counting on value-added services and exceptional customer experiences to set themselves apart.
But without a way to capture, share, develop and use knowledge across the organization, providing that level of service is difficult, if not impossible.
Register for this webinar to:
- Discover how the right case management solutions can help you create a flexible, goal-driven coordination system that can make your knowledge workers more effective—and your business more competitive
- Identify the traditional systems being used in your organization that aren’t meeting the needs of knowledge workers
- Develop a plan for a case management system that can support effective knowledge work
- Recognize how complementary technologies can add further value to core case management technology capabilities
- Take advantage of the value of advanced analytics, decision management and document management technologies across your organization
- Create a plan and outline next steps in order to get started on a successful case management journey
This webinar will give you the expert insights you need to empower your most valuable knowledge workers, provide exceptional customer experiences, and thrive in an increasingly competitive environment.