Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
Currently Vijay is Senior Manager of Product Line Management in IBM Software Group focused on IBM Big Data Portfolio.
Prior to joining IBM, he led product management for Antenna Software, a mobile solution provider for CRM applications. His prior experiences include Product Management at Lucent Technologies and 9 years with Bellcore/Telcordia where he held a variety of positions spanning technology and marketing.
Educational background: Vijay has a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from City College of the City University of New York, a Masters in Electrical Engineering from Columbia University, and an MBA from NYU's Stern School of Business.
Register to receive your free IBM report, "Harness the Power of Big Data: The IBM Big Data Platform" and learn all about IBM's enterprise-class end-to-end Big Data platform.
Most businesses today are drowning in data. As a result, the warehouse has become strained. If you find yourself using your data warehouse as a repository for all data or having to throw away data because you're simply unable to store or process it in the warehouse, you may need to consider using big data technologies to augment your data warehouse. This webinar is for you.
In this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Improve business insights
- by leveraging new data sources to gain insights not previously possible
- by integrating with data in motion
- dramatically quicker than previously possible …in minutes and hours instead of days and weeks
- Optimize use of data warehouse infrastructure to lower total cost of ownership
- Leverage Hadoop for handling new data sources
- Optimized storage of data across data warehouse and Hadoop
- Data warehouse environment optimized for cost and performance
You will also learn how you can integrate big data technologies with your data warehouse to increase operational efficiency. Augmenting your warehouse with big data capabilities can not only help you perform deeper analysis by leveraging new types of data (structured, unstructured and streaming), it will also help you optimize your warehouse performance and lower infrastructure costs.